Current job opportunities at the LightHouse
LightHouse Housing Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- Answers calls to the shelter to conduct assessments, explore housing options and directly coordinate referrals to appropriate resources. Under the direction of the Program Director, admits homeless persons to shelter when space is available. Must be able to work alone and perform all job functions.
- Completes client intakes; assists in meeting resident needs; provides crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with the all shelter staff to ensure effective services delivery.
- Assures policies and procedures are followed.
- Arrives 15 minutes prior to start of shift to facilitate communication during shift change.
- Assists with clerical responsibilities such as thank you letters and client file documentation.
- Ensures timely adherence to designated shifts or when unavailable, makes arrangements for shift coverage.
- Completes proper documentation and reporting procedures as needed to compile statistics, resident information, and special projects.
- Receives and stocks donations and shelter supplies; may transport donations to/from off-site locations.
- Identifies and reports problems or unmet needs to Shelter Director.
- Complies with the agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Must be female.
- Must be hold a strong relationship with within her church. (Pastor letter prior to employment)
- To provide a level of leadership to the residents at the Lighthouse Rescue Mission that reflects a high moral standard.
- To provide oversight to the women's shelter.
- To provide basic case management to shelter guests.
- To perform job without supervision and make sound judgment decisions.
- Ability to model open communication, fair and equitable treatment, and display caring and compassion.
- Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background check.
Weekends and Nights, 16-20 hours per week
127 West Kern St, Tulare, Ca 93274